Essential oils designed to help you sleep are a healthy way for you to improve the quality of your rest. Sleep is a basic human need. You cannot function properly without a good sleep at night. If you go without sleep for long, you might get cranky and irritable. As soon as you experience 24 hours of sleep deprivation, severe headaches and migraines can begin. A severe lack of sleep is detrimental to your well-being.
We live in a busy modern world. Sleep is not our priority when it comes to meeting our deadlines and working for long hours. Even if you try to sleep better at night, you end up tossing and turning in bed. Having a sleeping pill to catch up with your sleep is not a good option. You’ll wake up feeling groggy and tired. If you have problems with sleep, using essential oils could be beneficial for you to sleep faster and wake up fresh in the morning.
- 1 Top 5 Best Essential Oil for Sleep (Reviews and compare)
- 2 How Essential Oils Help in Sleeping
- 3 Why Should You Avoid Synthetic Fragrance Oils?
- 4 Through Which Method You Can Extract Maximum Benefits For Sleep?
- 5 Essential Oils Buying Guide
- 6 Essential Oils Ingredients for Sleep
- 7 Cautions When Using Essential Oils
- 8 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Essential Oil for Sleep (Reviews and compare)
|Short Reviews||Best For||Attributes||Ingredients||Price|
|doTerra Serenity||Promotes relaxation||Warm, floral, and herbal||Lavender, marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang-ylang, Hawaiian sandalwood, vanilla bean.||$$|
|Good Sleep||Fall fast asleep||Soothing and relaxing||Lavender, Chamomile, copaiba, clary sage, Peru balsam, sweet marjoram, sandalwood, ylang-ylang.||$|
|Eden Garden||Deep sleep||Soft and soothing||Ylang-ylang, Chamomile, Lavender, bergamot, sweet marjoram, key lime, sandalwood, and vanilla.||$|
|Now Foods||Regular use||Calming, relaxing and soothing.||Tangerine oil, Orange oil, lavender oil, ylang-ylang oil, sandalwood blend, chamomile oil.||$|
|Sleep and relaxation||Relieve insomnia||Calming, soothing, feel-good air freshener.||Copaiba balsam, Lavender Bulgaria, Majoram, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage.||$|
doTerra Serenity – Overall best rated
doTerra is a household brand which aims at providing natural essential oils to promote good quality sleep at night. Dotterra serenity essential oil restful blend has a calming and soothing effect on you whether you sprinkle it on your pillow or inhale it directly from the bottle.
You can use it with the doterra serenity restful complex softgels to have a peaceful sleep at night. The aroma of the oil calms your mind and shuts it off by reducing its ability to be stressed out and tensed. The softness promotes a restful night of sleep without any disturbance.
doTerra serenity oil comes with amazing properties which bring calm and rest in our modern day lives. It is made from Lavender, marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang-ylang, Hawaiian sandalwood, vanilla bean. The lavender oil gives it a good smell and calming effects, the marjoram oil relieves anxiety and maintains a balanced mind. The ylang-ylang oil lowers your blood pressure and prevents muscle soreness. The mixture of 100 percent pure essential oils enhances your overall sleeping experience.
- Reduces stress and anxiety, improve deep sleep time.
- Comes with amazing pain-relieving effects.
- It helps in the regulation of your breath by promoting calmness and peace.
- Improves your overall mood
- The smell might not appeal to you.
Good Sleep – Bestseller
Healing solutions bring for you the purest and finest quality essential oil. The oils they produce are special and unique in their own way. They come with a superior aromatic smell which improves the quality of your sleep.
Good sleep is a calming and relaxing essential oil that enhances your sleeping experience. You don’t have to suffer from a restless night of sleep anymore. It comes with an effective combination of ingredients which are 100 percent pure.
This essential oil is a blend of therapeutic oils which are Copaiba, Chamomile, clary sage, lavender, Peru balsam, sweet marjoram, sandalwood, ylang-ylang. All these oils come with excellent therapeutic features that make it the most popular oil.
The blend has an amazing aroma which promotes a stress-free mind and a restful sleep at night. You can either massage the oil on your toes or pour a few drops on your pillow to sleep better at night.
What sets Good essential oil apart from its competitors is its amazing return policy. If you are not fully satisfied with the product and its results, you can give it back to the manufacturer and have your full money back.
Moreover, the feature which makes it the best seller is the ISO 9001 and kosher certification. These certifications make organic pure and superior quality.
- The smell is neither too strong nor too delicate.
- It is just right for you to have a good sleep at night.
- It comes with authentic certifications which make it the best choice.
- The oil reduces anxiety and stress. You are able to stay calm and cool
- Helps combat insomnia and other sleep problems.
- Cannot be used internally.
- Some people might find the scent strong.
Edens Garden – Best for deep sleep
Eden Garden is a popular brand which produces high-quality essential oils. The essential oils they produce are free from harmful additives and pesticides.
Edens Garden is a blend of different oils which are sweet marjoram, Lavender chamomile, ylang-ylang, key lime, sandalwood, bergamot, and vanilla. These oils have amazing calming properties which promote calm and rest. The combination of these oils makes it best for your sleep.
If insomnia is a real cause of concern in your life, Edens is useful oil for you. It encourages deep sleep and allows you to sleep well at night. Just sprinkle it on your pillow before sleeping, you’ll see the difference in your sleeping experience. The aroma of the oil gives you a relaxed mind which promotes sleepiness. You’ll fall asleep in no time and sleep like a baby.
Moreover, The oil comes in different sizes of bottles which are 5mL, 10mL, 30mL, and 120mL. You can choose the one which best suits your needs.
In addition, the bottling of the oil is done precisely keeping in mind your convenience of use. It also comes with a pipette dropper to make sure you take advantage of the fresh scent of the oil.
The Edens Garden comes with the certification of GC and MC. It is made from pure and high-quality ingredients and meets all the standards of these certifications.
- The soft and soothing aroma which puts you to sleep in no time.
- It is 100 percent pure with amazing therapeutic benefits.
- Available in different sizes of bottles.
- The smell is woody and stronger.
- The scent diminished quickly.
Now – Best for regular use
Now essential oils give you the natural and purest oils to enhance your sleeping experience. Now peaceful sleep oil is a made from of ylang-ylang oil, Tangerine oil, Orange oil, lavender oil, sandalwood and chamomile oil. These oils are 100 percent pure and unique. They come with amazing healing and soothing properties. The orange oil enhances your sleeping experience. The ylang-ylang oil calms down your nervous system and keeps your mind at ease. The chamomile oil allows you to combat insomnia and stomach related problems.
If you want to unwind yourself after a long tiring day, use the finest quality now peaceful sleep oil blend. It promotes peaceful sleep by giving you a soft floral aroma. You won’t find it hard to sleep at night if you have now peaceful sleep oil blend placed on your nightstand. If you want to catch up on your sleep, this oil is a good choice for you. You can use it on regular basis to take advantage of its relaxing and calming benefits.
There are different ways to use this oil which give you a relaxing experience. Add a little water in the oil and put it in a spray bottle, make sure that you don’t ingest. You can mix some drops of oil in your bedtime tub. All these methods give you an aromatherapy experience and allow you to sleep all night without any interruption.
- You can use it for in a variety of ways for different purposes.
- It promotes a relaxing sleep at night.
- A perfect blend of all the natural essential oils.
- The floral scent is a bit too strong.
Sleep And Relaxation – Best to relieve insomnia
Sleep and Relaxation manufacture high-quality and pure essential oils. They make sure to produce natural and undiluted essential oils which are best for aromatherapy and homeopathic treatments.
Sleep and Relaxation blend is made from Copaiba balsam, Lavender Bulgaria, Clary Sage, Majoram, Roman Chamomile. All these oils are free from the impure and harmful additive. They are 100 percent genuine and extracted from the finest quality natural plants.
To make sure that the consumers benefit from the high-quality essential oils, Sleep and Relaxation blend are tested for purity. It holds the certification of GC and MC. The company even provides you the detailed report if you want. They are concerned about your health and give you the best quality essential oils.
The bottle of the essential oil is made from high-quality amber glass. The cap is properly sealed. It also comes with a euro style dropper. You can either rub it on your skin with a cotton ball or pour 2-3 drops on your pillow to enjoy the relaxing effect it gives you.
As the name suggests, the essential out gives you quality sleep and relaxation at night. You won’t have to toss and turn all night long. If you are looking for a blend of essential oil which is best for money and gives you amazing benefits, this is a suitable choice for you.
- Amazing soothing and relaxing properties.
- Calming and freshening scent.
- The oil is made from purest and finest quality ingredients.
- The strong scent might cause you a headache.
Related: The Best Tea for Sleep
How Essential Oils Help in Sleeping
Essential Oils are extracted from plants, flowers, leaves, and stem of plants. The extraction is more powerful than the plant itself. They promote stress reduction and relaxation by releasing soothing fragrances. You can either apply these directly to your skin or spray it around your room to fresh the air and benefit from its smell.
Why Should You Avoid Synthetic Fragrance Oils?
Synthetic fragrance oils are a mixture of artificial scents. Manufacturers’ use artificial and unnatural aroma’s to make the smell of the oil stronger and long-lasting.
Synthetic fragrance oils are made from questionable ingredients which are harmful to our health. Synthetic aromas have a lot of toxic chemicals and petrochemicals. The ingredients of the synthetic fragrance oils can be hidden in the word “fragrance”.
Sellers of synthetic fragrance oils are not obligated to reveal all the ingredients. It is, therefore, best for you to avoid oils with fragrance mentioned on the label. It is always best to choose pure essential oils which are made from natural ingredients. They smell wonderful and have the ability to enhance stress reduction and give you amazing health benefits.
Through Which Method You Can Extract Maximum Benefits For Sleep?
To enhance your sleeping experience there are different methods to use essential oils. How you use the essential oil affects the results. For optimal relaxation and pleasure, you can choose the method which suits you the best. It totally depends on your personal choice.
However, topical application is the most popular method of getting benefit from the essential oils. The three different ways of using them are:
- Inhalation: Inhaling is the fastest method of inducing them in your body. When you inhale the natural components of oil they travel to your brain and lungs and calm your mind and body to sleep well at night. Moreover, inhaling the essential oils relieves your stress and emotional fatigue. If you’re suffering from respiratory ailments, inhaling them considerably improves your breathing.
- Skin: Applying them to your body parts is also a very common method of using essential oils. It is always best to dilute the essential oil before applying it to your skin. You can spray the oil on your skin by creating a personal diffuser or a spray bottle by adding coconut oil or little water in it. Make sure that you test the reaction of the essential oil you are using on a small patch of skin to prevent allergic reactions.
- Ingestion: For sleep apnea and insomnia, the best way to use essential oils is by adding 3-4 drops in your drink. It is better to have it done by a qualified professional to avoid damaging your body. This is not a recommended way of using essential oils in the aromatherapy world because of the harmful consequences.
Essential Oils Buying Guide
The quality of the essential oils can differ to a great extent. Even trained professionals might find it difficult to choose the right one. To make the right decision of buying the best quality essential oils, you should keep the following questions in mind.
Is it pure?
Verifying the purity is an important thing to consider. It is the purity of the essential oils which determines their effectiveness. Using the finest quality of essential oils enhances your sleeping experience. If you choose the essential oils which are impure and contaminated, you won’t be able to enjoy the health benefits you desire.
We are all different, what works best for someone might not work well for someone else. You can mix and blend different oils together to get the best results.
Is it organic?
In today’s modern world, more and more people understand the importance of using organic products. They are free from harmful chemicals and pesticides. For optimal therapeutic healing, it is best to choose organic essential oils which are extracted from organic plants. Keep in mind that while buying the finest quality essential oils, you choose the ones which come with proper certifications of being produced from organically grown plants.
Is it what I need?
Essential oils which are extracted from the same plant might come with different therapeutic usage. Essential oils are also produced from the extractions of different parts of a particular plant. These different parts give different flavor and smell of the essential oil. The part of the plant is always mentioned on the bottle. Therefore, before choosing to buy one for yourself, make sure that you read the labels carefully.
Essential oils have been scientifically evaluated in a number of different clinical trials with positive results, including a study involving seniors with dementia and sleep disturbance as well as beneficial effects in a controlled trial with postpartum women.
Essential Oils Ingredients for Sleep
- Lavender: lavender is the most popular essential oil which is used to calm the nervous system. There is a reason why lavender improves the quality of your sleep. This oil comes with the properties of alleviating mild insomnia. It changes the state of your brain to a more relaxed state by reducing anxiety. For your day dealing with the modern world and restful sleep at night, lavender is the suitable essential oil.
- Valerian: If you want to experience a deeply calming effect, Valerian essential oil gives you a strong and soothing aroma. It is highly beneficial for people who suffer from nervousness, anxiety, depression and various sleep problems. One of the amazing benefits of Valerian essential oil is that it cures insomnia. You are able to have an uninterrupted and restful sleep at night.
- Clary Sage: One of the ingredients to improve your sleep at night is Clary Sage Oil. You can either inhale it directly from the bottle or put 3-4 drops on your pillow before going to bed. Moreover, this oil benefits your eyes, nervous system and digestive system.
- Sweet Marjoram: This is an amazing herb which comes with countless health benefits. The essential oil produces from the extraction of sweet marjoram helps you to have a peaceful sleep at night. You are able to revitalize your body. It is best to inhale the smell of the oil before bedtime to encourage sleep.
- Roman Chamomile: Roman Chamomile oil comes with amazing soothing and relaxing qualities. If you want to calm your nerves down, make a habit of using roman chamomile oil before going to bed.
Cautions When Using Essential Oils
You need to take cautions for using them because they are highly concentrated substances. They come with serious risks and dangers.
- Make sure that you dilute them before putting them on your skin. Undiluted essential oils could cause severe allergic reactions.
- They are not meant for internal use. You don’t want to risk damaging your internal body by using these strong substances.
- There are certain essential oils which cannot be used on babies and children. Extreme cautions must be taken while using them
These natural and pure essential oils would help you unwind after a hectic day at work. You can use them for getting a perfect sleep at night. If you want to fall asleep quickly, you can choose any of the above mentioned essential oils. They all come with excellent therapeutic benefits.
They all come with distinctive features and benefits. You can mix these oils together to make your own personalized essential oil. Use them as your sleeping spray in a bottle, or add them to your diffuser. You’ll love the calming and soothing effect they bring to your life.