A mattress protector is a cover that is designed to protect the surface of a mattress from various things. These protectors also work well to help users prevent allergies or irritants from affecting them. Parents use protectors for children that wet their beds at night. They are mostly portable, so you can take them to hotels or guest houses and stay safe. This product can help in keeping it smooth and like new, as well.
We understand that customers may have a difficult time picking out the right mattress protector for themselves, because, just like every other thing, there are various products available on the market. Each one has specific features, along with pros and cons. The following article was written to provide product reviews and a buying guide to help customers pick out the protector that works with their budget and requirements, and it also demonstrated the protectors that are the best picks.
6 Best Mattress Protectors 2020
1. Nectar protector – Best overall
The Nectar protector is an absorbent material with a waterproof backing that helps keep your Nectar sheet and mattress dry. It is the invisible barrier that safeguards your bed from pet hair, dirt, and spills. This allows you to sleep cool, dry, and comfortable.
- 100% waterproof
- Seamless, silky feel
- Noiseless protection
- Resistant to allergens
- The barrier for dust and dirt
- Super stretchy
- Easy to machine wash
- Guard against stains
- The soft, quilted top layer
- Fits most mattress of up to 22 inches
- Offers Soft, Seamless Feel
Nectar’s main mission is to provide you with the most comfortable protector for your bed. The cover is made to deliver softness that you can actually feel. Not to mention that it is sealed in unique protection that you can trust.
- Stain-Free Design
The Nectar mattress protection is made of 100% waterproof fabric. You can practically pour wine on the protector, and your mattress will remain unstained. The waterproof material is incorporated with a breathable cotton cover for superior breathability. This ensures that your bed stays clean, cool, and comfy.
- No Slip Design
The protector from Nectar comes with a no-slip design. This simply means that the fabric will not slide around the bed once tacked in. its smooth texture will feel whole beneath the sheet for advanced cooling and comfort. Basically, the protector will not under any circumstances compromise your mattress.
- Stretchy and Snug
The Nectar mattress protector is specifically designed for the Nectar mattress. However, it works perfectly with other mattress brands of up to 22 inches. One of the most attractive features is the ability to stretch and snug. You can easily get it on and off your bed in a matter of minutes.
The snug fit prevents it from sliding around beneath your top bed sheet. It is kind of a fitted sheet. When you stretch it properly to fit the span of the whole mattress, the protector will stick to the surface of the bed, making it impossible for bacteria, germs, dust, and dirt to get inside the bed.
- Easy to Care For
The main reason why Nectar designed the mattress protector is that they know that spills are inevitable. And they usually happen when you least expect them to. The waterproof material of the mattress protector will keep the spills off your sheet. But what is more interesting is the fact that the protector is machine washable. So, getting rid of the stains is easy.
The Nectar invisible barrier is available in different mattress sizes for convenience. The sizes include: Twin, Twin XL, Cal King, King, Queen, and Full. The price ranges from $59 to $79, which is pretty affordable and budget friendly.
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Price ($)|
|Cal King||72 x 84 x 22||79|
|King||76 x 80 x 22||79|
|Queen||60 x 80 x 22||69|
|Full||54 x 75 x 22||64|
|Twin XL||39 x 80 x 22||59|
|Twin||39 x 75 x 22||59|
- Warranty, Free Shipping & Returns
The protector comes with a 5-year warranty. You have 100 night home trial period to test the Nectar protector. You also get free shipping to your doorstep. In the event that you are not satisfied with the product, you can always return it for free.
- It is 100% waterproof
- It is super stretchy with a silky, seamless feel
- Soft, quilted top layer makes it breathable
- Offers protective barrier against stains, dust, and dirt
- It is hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin
- Comes with noiseless protection
- The no-slip design may wear out and cause the protector to bunch under the sheets
2. King Size Safe Rest – Best Cheap Choice
You will find many different elements within one mattress protector. There are various sizes that can fit your bed. With a ten-year warranty, this protector has a cotton front and a membrane back that help the user stay protected from irritants, urine, allergies, pet fur, and other related threats. The material used is hypoallergenic, which allows customers to use it without fear. This protector is also FDA approved and is a class 1 medical device. One of the best features of this product is the fact that it does not alter the original feel of the mattress.
- The cotton front and membrane back keep irritants, dust mites, bed mites, and germs away.
- The original feel of the mattress will not be disturbed after putting it on.
- The protector is approved by the FDA and is a class 1 medical device.
- The material used is neutral, which prevents allergic reactions.
- The cover is similar to a fitted sheet and does not have an encasing zipper.
- The cover does not protect against bed bugs.
3. Sure Guard mattress protector
This is primarily designed for people that have children that tend to urinate on the bed while sleeping. It is waterproof and is intended to fight stains. The noiseless material used for this product is cotton terry, which is also very comfortable. This mattress cover will help you fight dead skin, dust mites, bed mites, and any other harmful decomposing creatures. To ensure the quality of this product, the company has tested it in the lab and holds a green guard certificate to prove it. You can find different sizes for this product. You will also find it easy to maintain since it can be machine washed with convenience.
- This mattress guard is liquid proof, and it can fight any stains, as well.
- Cotton terry makes the cover soft and noiseless for increased comfort.
- You can quickly wash and dry it in the machine.
- It is like a fitted sheet, which means you can conveniently pull it on and off anytime you like.
- This cover does not encase all six sides of the mattress.
- The bug is not prevented by this cover.
4. LUCID Premium Mattress Protector
This is designed for people who are seeking a mattress protector that is repellent to liquids. It is made from an ultrathin material that ensures the content stays breathable, yet it fulfills its purpose. It is easy to clean, and stains are removed after being washed.
This cover is created with a very soft and breathable material. It is made of cotton and an ultrathin material, so the user does not lose the feel of the mattress. The surface is designed with cotton terry and a unique StratoSmart Barrier that allows protection against dust mites, and it also remains ventilated. The material is liquid repellent and quiet. You can wash it quickly and tumble dry it without ruining the product. It comes in different sizes that allow it to fit any bed you like. It also comes with fitting pillow sheets. For customer satisfaction, you get a 15-year warranty on the product.
- The cotton terry and StratoSmart Barrier ensure ventilation.
- The product can easily be cleaned and dried in the washing machine and can also be tumble dried.
- It comes in the form of a fitted sheet which is available in different sizes and in pillow fitting form.
- Ultrathin, noiseless material ensures maximum comfort.
- It protects the only the top.
- It is not encased for better protection.
5. Handy Laundry Mattress Protector
Offering a couple of different sizes, the twin mattress protector is suitable for those people that like a well-ventilated bed and protection from irritants, and also would like this at a reasonable price. This product offers standard sizes that are perfect for anyone.
This is made from a liquid repellent breathable material that allows users to enjoy its waterproof membrane. It is hypoallergenic, which means that it is safe for people that are allergic to dust mites and other irritants on the bed. Thanks to the thin material, you do not have to worry about losing the comfort of your mattress since it does not alter the feel. With a 10- year warranty, you will find the company pleasing its customers most excitingly. The polyurethane allows users to enjoy this soundless mattress cover for themselves and their families.
- The polyurethane acts as a liquid barrier and ensures protection against fluids.
- The cotton terry top makes the product more ventilated and less suffocating; this makes the product ideal for summery places.
- It can be slipped on and off easily with its fitted style.
- The ten-warranty on the product makes it more feasible for consumers.
- It is not washable in the machine.
- There is no variety in sizes; only standard sizes are available.
6. WEEKENDER Mattress Protector
This is one of the most beautiful covers for your mattress that you can find on the market. The fabric is jersey, which is very unusual; however, it does not make the bed dutiful towards its purpose. The elimination of vinyl ensures safety for everybody at home.
It’s made from a soft jersey and polyester material. It does not have vinyl anywhere on the cover, so it is safe for kids and adults to use. The products offer different mattress sizes to be covered quickly. The top fabric is soft and cozy, while the bottom fabric includes a waterproof barrier that ensures your mattress stays clean and safe. You can easily machine wash and tumble dry the product on low heat. The company wins customer trust with its 100-day money back guarantee and a ten-year warranty.
- The soft and cozy jersey fabric allows maximum comfort to be reached.
- It can be easily washed and dried in the machine.
- The fact that it is free of vinyl makes it very safe.
- A 100-day money back guarantee given to consumers.
- You may lose the feel of the original mattress.
- Jersey is not a much-ventilated material, which is unsuitable for hotter places.
Best Mattress Protector Buying Guide
For users who are confused about which protector to purchase, we have compiled this buyer’s guide. This guide will help consumers to get a better idea about mattress covers and will help them decide which ones suit them best.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE ARE MATTRESS PROTECTORS USED?
They are used to cover mattress for many different reasons. Below are some of these reasons:
- It protects the mattress from wearing out with time.
- It is suitable for children and seniors that tend to wet the bed.
- It is ideal for people that are highly allergic to dust mites, dead skin, and other irritants.
- It is useful for people who want to avoid bed bugs.
- An additional pad ensures more comfort.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A COVER?
You will find some different features to choose from. The following are a few features that you should consider:
- Size: The first thing to consider the size of the mattress that you need to fit the cover onto. In addition to checking the brand, you should also measure the dimensions for proper fitting.
- Hypoallergenic: Most people are allergic to different kinds of fabrics. Choose the protectors that are hypoallergenic; these are neutral and not harmful to most people.
- Comfort: Most people like to go for padded covers that offer additional support while they fulfill their purpose.
- Pore size: Find a protector that includes detailed information about the pore size. The ideal pore size is 8 microns or less to protect you from irritants.
- Easy to wash: Of course, you will want to clean your cover from time to time. Buy a cover that is washable. Preferably a cover that is machine washable and able to be tumble dried will make life easier for you.
- Ventilation: Find a cover that has repellent features and one that is breathable. A well-ventilated cover will provide maximum comfort. Avoid getting a vinyl cover, as it can be hazardous.
- Natural comfort: If you have a mattress that is high-quality and you love the convenience of it, look for a protector that does not ruin the original feel of your bed.
Still didn’t find what you need? You may also like: Best Mattress 2020 (Choose from over 100 brands, include some affordable luxury brands as well, coupon inside)
TYPES OF MATTRESS PROTECTORS AVAILABLE
Similar to every other product, protection covers tend to come in various types.
- Encased mattress cover: It’s for people who want maximum protection against bacteria and irritable agents in their bed. These covers are sealed all the way around with a zipper or with Velcro. They cover all sides of the bed and provide protection.
- Fitted: These covers are the most common. They slip on and off easily like fitted sheets and protect the mattress. However, these covers do not keep bugs They are good for accidents and allergic factors. They cover the sides and corners correctly, but they are not encased.
- Elastic straps: Elastic straps are similar to fitted style sheets, but they only fit on the corners for support and provide protection on the top alone. They are the least protective out of all the types since they do not cover the sides. Elastic straps may not be suitable for preventing dust mites and other irritants, but they are handy for bedwetting