Why You Can Trust Our Mattress Reviews
Mattress manufacturers do not pay us for writing reviews. This site and our researchers and writers are supported by affiliate fees that we earn when you make purchases using the links from our site. As the buyer, you do not pay more when you purchase products through links than you would if you went directly to the manufacturer’s site. People who want to buy a mattress are our customers. We build trust by providing helpful information and honest reviews. Learn more about how we review mattresses and how we earn affiliate revenue here.
Mattress consumers have more choices than ever before. The old option of going to the store and laying down on a mattress for a few minutes while you’re awake and possibly self-conscious because you’re prone in a public store is still available. But today, you have a better option for choosing a mattress. Online retailers allow you to try the mattress in your own home and return it for a full refund if you don’t like it for any reason.
This review of the top ten mattresses in 2019 helps you select a mattress you won’t want to return. If you haven’t read reviews lately, read them again. The best manufacturers continually improve their products based on scientific research and customer feedback. The construction materials may be different than they were last year.
Mattresses that earn a place on this coveted list score well in our testing and in independent reviews by thousands of customers. We consider these the best beds available to meet the need in the category where they score the best.
Why is a good mattress important for your overall health and wellbeing?
Quality sleep is essential to health. The quality of your sleep affects every area of your life including your relationships and mental and physical health. The right mattress will help you go to sleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling rested and energized.
Extensive studies on “sleep health” refer to restful sleep that supports wellbeing. We spend about 1/3 of our lives sleeping. Quality sleep improves the quality of every hour we spend awake. The risk of serious and chronic diseases increases as sleep health declines. These risks include type 2 diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and reduced immune function.
Inadequate sleep can “impair physical, cognitive, and emotional functions” which decrease our ability to perform at work or school and make us more likely to make poor decisions or be involved in an accident.
The right mattress helps us sleep well and it may even encourage us to go to bed earlier. Only 31% of Americans consistently get enough sleep. Is your mattress making you one of the 69% who aren’t getting the sleep you need to maintain your health?
What are the must have features of a “Best Mattress”?
Comparing subjective and objective factors common to most mattresses allows us to evaluate which mattress is best in a specific category. This is an overview of the main aspects we consider when we make our determination.
Quality of Materials and Durability
We evaluate the quality of the materials used in each mattress in order to estimate the durability a customer will experience. The density of the foam and type of foam are considered in our evaluation. This is one of the more subjective aspects of our reviews.
The feel of a specific mattress is a highly subjective evaluation. “Hug” refers to how much the mattress allows you to sink in. Mattresses that hug you make you feel cradled as if you are being hugged. Some people love a mattress with a deep hug and other people are very uncomfortable with a deep hug. We won’t tell you that the one with the hug factor that we prefer is the best mattress, we’ll tell you what the hug factor is so you can choose one that suites you.
Memory foam mattresses feel different than box spring mattresses. We’ll describe how it feels so you can make an educated choice. When you choose a mattress from a company that offers a sleep trial, you have the option to return the mattress for a full refund.
Value and Affordability
The best value isn’t always the cheapest mattress. The best value for a particular individual varies based on the factors that are most important to them. If someone has a sleep health issue such as back pain or being awakened when a sleeping partner moves, a mattress that doesn’t solve the problem isn’t a good value for them even if it is the best value mattress for other people. If your budget is tight, focus on factors that will allow you to sleep the best. Our evaluations consider:
- The warranty
- The company’s reputation
- The type of mattress
- The price
In most cases, the best value is backed by the best warranty. Companies that make excellent products stand behind them with a written warranty.
Sleep Health Benefits
The ability to sleep well on your mattress is a critical aspect of sleep health. The mattress should help you sleep with your spine in alignment. Many people who experience morning stiffness and soreness are surprised when they wake up feeling better after buying a new mattress. Your aches and pains may be a sign of your mattress aging.
Your body needs to be able to relax while you sleep. Avoiding pressure points that make sleeping uncomfortable allows your body to rest completely. Snoring, whether it is your own or your sleeping partners, affects your sleep health. The right mattress and pillow decreases snoring.
Some mattresses are designed to deliver more than one firmness option in the same
mattress. We’ll let you know if the mattress has this feature.Are you a Papa Bear whowants a firm mattress, a Mama Bear who wants a soft mattress, or Baby Bear whose bed was just right for Goldilocks? Firmness is subjective; three different people can rate the firmness of the exact same mattress differently. On a firmness scale of 1 – 10, 10 is the firmest. In general, the less someone weighs, the firmer a mattress feels because a light person doesn’t sink into the mattress.
Our ratings indicate how firm the mattress is rated on average.
When more than one person sleeps in the same bed, or a large pet sleeps with you, motion isolation is important. Ideally, your partner will be able to get out of or into bed without waking you. A good motion isolation score means your sleep won’t be disturbed by your partner’s movements.
Temperature Control (Cooling Evaluation)
Some mattresses get too hot and cause the occupant to wake-up. Some people need a mattress that works to keep them cool enough to sleep comfortably because they tend to sleep hot. New technology and mattress designs provide solutions that help you sleep without generating too much heat. Beds that sleep cool improve sleep health.
The reputation of the company is an important factor when you purchase a mattress. Mattresses are long term investments in your health. You want to know that the company builds safe, quality products and that they will honor their promises. Mattress companies make promises including the quality, safety, sleep trial, warranty, and return policy.
Environmentally friendly manufacturing processes are another important feature we consider when we rate mattresses. A good mattress that destroys the environment isn’t a good mattress. Mattress manufacturers are aware of their customer’s preferences and now build mattresses that consider the environmental impact and the impact of the materials they put in the mattress has on the sleeper’s personal health and the environment.
Online mattress retailers provide a sleep trial period during which their mattress may be returned for a full refund. The return rate is the percentage of their overall sales that are returned during the trial period. This rate tells us how often someone who has the chance to sleep on the mattress decides they don’t like it. A return might not mean there is anything wrong with the mattress that would affect your experience; it may simply mean that the other person prefers a different type of mattress.
Returned mattresses are never re-sold. Most companies donate returned mattresses to local charities. One company sells them through a liquidator.
Best Mattresses 2019
Two new mattresses (Level Sleep and Plush Beds) made the 2019 “Best Mattresses” List!
|Brand||Material||Trial/Warranty||Best in Category||Queen Price(Regular/Discount)|
|Gel memory foam||365-night; Lifetime||Best value for a low price||$824/$699|
Foam and Coils
|120-night; Lifetime||Best double-sided mattress||$1,499/$1,224|
Foam and Coils
|Best affordable luxury hybrid mattress||$1,399/$1,199|
|Memory foam infused with copper||120-night; Lifetime||Best Memory foam for side sleepers||$899/$799|
|High-resilience bouncy foam||120-night;
|Best bouncy mattress for side sleepers||$949/$824|
|3-Zone Foam mattress||365-night; Lifetime||Science-backed pain relief||$1,499/$1,299|
|Celliant® and foam||100-night;
|Best science-backed mattress for athletes||$890/$790|
|Organic cotton, natural latex, and pure wool.||100-night;
|Certified organic mattress||$3,399/$2,199|
|Foam and gel||100-night;
|Coziness and spinal alignment||$2,250(Wave)|
|Hybrid: Memory Foam and Coils||365-night;
|Best affordable hybrid||$990/940|
1.Nectar Mattress(Best value for a low price)
Nectar mattresses, our top pick for memory foam mattresses under $1,000, have a lot going for them. Outstanding results in the following categories put them in the #1 position.
The 11” Nectar gel and memory foam is the best option if you want good quality at an affordable price. Nectar customers are often pleasantly surprised at how pleased they are with their Nectar mattress.
Key Features of the Nectar Mattress include:
- The best mattress for the money
- Reduction in pain and pressure points
- Almost no motion transfer
- You won’t find a better sleep trail or warranty
- Nectar mattresses don’t sleep hot
If you want a better mattress with an affordable price, the Nectar is at the top of the list. This awesome mattress can change your life by improving your sleep health.
Its 11” deep, 5-layer design make it a luxury choice that ranks higher in satisfaction than more expensive online brands.
The creators of Nectar designed a mattress with just the right firmness to accommodate all sleeping styles. Because of its firmness rating of 5.5 – 7.5, it provides the support you need to maintain a straight spine while easing pressure points that can cause morning stiffness.
It is also a great choice if you want your mattress to sleep cool because of its patented cooling design.
As an employee owned company, everyone at Nectar who works on your mattress is vested in your satisfaction.
Among its best features are Nectar’s awesome 365-night sleep trial and the lifetime warranty.
Overall, Nectar is rated at the top of our list and we highly recommend it.
2.Idle Hybrid Sleep Mattress(Best double-sided mattress)
The luxurious 14” deep 2-sided Idle Hybrid mattress combines memory foam with an advanced pocketed coil system that provides great support and bounce.
You will appreciate Idle Hybrid Sleep mattresses durability and these features where it excels:
- You won’t feel your partner move when you don’t want to but there is better bounce than memory foam mattress when you want motion.
- Two sides extend the life of the Idle Hybrid Sleep Mattress so it will last longer than one-sided mattresses.
- Coils provide comfort for people who want pressure relief and support to ease aches and pains.
- It is easy to move around on the mattress; it is responsive.
- The warranty is as good as any in the industry and the 120-night sleep trial is enough time to see if you will sleep well.
- You won’t wake up because you’re too hot because it sleeps cooler.
This mattress is heavenly for partners who have different sleeping styles. No compromise is necessary because side, back, and stomach sleepers all sleep well on the Idle Hybrid Sleep mattress. Don’t take my word for it, the 120-night sleep trial lets you try it yourself risk-free. If you decide the Idle Hybrid mattress is not for you, you can get your money back. The lifetime warranty tells you the company trusts the quality of the Idle Hybrid Sleep mattress to stand up to the test of time.
Flip it periodically to extend the life of the mattress.
Idle mattresses manufacturers four different mattresses in the USA. The Idle Hybrid is best for 80% of their customers. They encourage people with larger bodies (over about 230 pounds) to buy the luxury version because it is firmer. The firmness of a mattress varies depending on how much a person weighs. Mattresses feel firmer to people with a small body and softer to people with larger bodies because more weight causes you to sink into the mattress.
Sleep comfortably on your Idle Hybrid Sleep mattress right away. Unlike memory foam mattresses where you may have to wait up to 24 hours to reach their full thickness, the Idle Hybrid reaches its full 14” depth within a few minutes.
The ThermoCool cover, designed to draw the heat away while you sleep, is quilted directly to the first layer of foam. The top layer of foam ensures your body rests on a soft, smooth surface. The breathable buoyancy foam layer gives the mattress more bounce and creates air flow so you sleep cool.
A unique coil pocket system supports your body on every inch of the mattress. You feel fully supported, even on the edge of the bed.
Shipping is free to your door. You may want to spring for the white glove service that will set it up for you because the queen mattress weighs 142 pounds.
Idle put a lot of thought and technology into edge support. The mattress features a Quantum® Edge that creates a frame around the mattress to provide edge support and reduce the feeling that you’ll roll off if you sleep on the edge of the mattress.
Idle Hybrid is at the top of our list for a luxury 2-sided hybrid mattress for people who sleep in any position and especially for people who change positions and those whose partner has a different sleeping style.
3.Dreamcloud(Best affordable luxury hybrid mattress)
Dreamcloud’s 15” of high-end luxury delivers structure and support on a cashmere soft mattress helps you sleep in dreamy blissful comfort.
Dreamcloud mattresses excel in these areas:
- A sumptuous 15” deep luxury hybrid mattress designed to deliver the restful sleep you’re looking for.
- Innerspring coils are three times more effective at cooling than foam or cotton to keep you cool all night long.
- Micro coils provide a luxury feel with more flexibility than typical mattress springs.
- The springs work in concert with the high quality memory foam, contouring to your body to prevent pressure points.
- If you want the most durable coils in the industry, Dream Cloud BestRest coils deliver. The Everlong (forever) warranty ensures that the coils will not break down.
- The carefully designed 8-layer system of quilted memory foam, super soft foam, and foundational foam float above the BestRest coils and contour to your body to provide you with the perfect balance of softness, support, and responsiveness.
- People who have back problems, even those who have experienced long-term pain, often find incredible relief when they sleep on the Dreamcloud mattress.
- Dreamcloud is an excellent choice for combination sleepers and back, side, and stomach sleepers.
4.Layla(Best Memory foam for side sleepers)
The Layla memory foam mattress is a side sleeper’s dream! It’s soft enough to avoid pressure points, especially in the shoulder and firm enough to ease back pain.
The flexible firmness in the Layla mattress is one of its unique features. Other outstanding features include:
- Soft enough to be perfect for side sleepers.
- Adjustable firmness. One side of the mattress is soft and the other is firm. Flip it to the firmness you prefer!
- The copper infused cooling system helps you stay cool all night—even in hot Florida summers.
- Layla works well with an adjustable bed and flat frames.
- Reviewers frequently rave about feeling less or no pain after they sleep on the Layla mattress; even people who’ve had pain for years mention improvements after just a few nights on the Layla mattress. Individuals who have had and need hip replacements report sleeping comfortably.
- Layla gives back. For every mattress they sell, they donate to a homeless shelter in San Francisco to provide a night in a bed to someone in need.
- The Layla mattress is easy to move around on and doesn’t make you feel stuck because you don’t sink too far into its 10” depth.
- Layla mattresses provide relief for pressure points in the shoulders and hips
- The motion isolation helps you sleep when your sleeping partner moves around.
The copper infused layer conducts heat away from your body. Copper also has antimicrobial properties that kill or inactivate microbes that can live in other mattresses.
Thousands of Layla customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive!
5.Nolah(Best bouncy mattress for side sleepers)
Side sleepers are susceptible to aches in their shoulders, back, and hips when they don’t have the proper support when they sleep. Nolah delivers what side sleepers need for a pain free restful night’s sleep, soft support and pressure relief for shoulders and hips.
The Nolah mattress was designed to be the go-to mattress for side sleepers. The key features include:
- Nolah sleeps cooler than memory foam because the top layer is not memory foam and doesn’t absorb body heat.
- Side sleepers love Nolah. Many report that aches and pains disappear the first night. One Nolah side sleeper whose pains disappeared reported that the pain came back immediately when they slept in a hotel.
- Nolah feels plush and is soft enough to hug a side sleeper in all the right places.
- Despite the hug feeling, it is easy to move around on the Nolah mattress.
- The edge support is better than many foam mattresses. You won’t think you’re falling out of bed.
- You may need an extra alarm clock. Many people reported sleeping much deeper on their Nolah mattress.
- Even older customers (60s and 70s) reported pain relief and better sleep on their Nolah mattress.
- Works well for heavier people but you may want a king instead of a queen if one partner is a lot lighter than the other.
- Doesn’t give you that stuck feeling.
- 10” mattress
- Scientifically proven to reduce peak pressure on hips, shoulders, and back four times compared to memory foam.
- Patented ultra-premium, high-resilience foam provides better bounce than latex with greater durability. This layer is hypoallergenic, highly breathable, and feels better than latex.
- There is a 15-year limited warranty.
- You can expect the mattress to be 300% more durable than high-end Memory foam mattresses and 26x more durable than conventional foam mattresses.
- Using the latest technology to outperform memory foam mattresses. Nolah is a next-generation mattress that delivers better durability, comfort, and cooling.
- The luxury of the Natural Viscose Cover is ultra-soft and designed to wick away moisture to keep you comfortable all night long.
6.Level Sleep(Science-backed pain relief)
Level Sleep focuses on reducing back pain. They created the TriSupport mattress that is clinically shown to ease back pain by 57%.
The best features of Level Sleep include:
- The TriSupport mattress provides pain reduction of 57% based on rigorous testing.
- Recommended by doctors and chiropractors Human Performance Center at UCSF as well as from the Director of Center of Human Sleep Researchin the University of Stanford.
- Level Sleep develops scientifically tested products that improve sleep health with more than 15 years’ experience.
- Unique 3-zone construction supports the lumbar area with firmer support while softer support is provided in the shoulder and hip areas.
- Helps you get to sleep faster, reduces pain, and increases your daytime energy level.
- The mattress is certified free of flame retardants (PDBE), formaldehyde, heavy metals, ozone depleters, and phthalates.
The study was designed by Dr. Clete Kushida the Director of Center of Human Sleep Research in the University of Stanford. The study used both objective and subjective data collected using electronically sleep monitoring devices and scientifically validated questionnaires answered by the study participants.
7.Bear Mattress(Best science-backed mattress for athletes)
The Bear mattress is approved as a medical device by the FDA as a general wellness product because clinical tests show it enhances oxygen levels in human tissue, improves athletic performance, sleep quality, and overall health and wellness.
The Bear Mattress isn’t an ordinary mattress. Its key features include the results of multiple clinical studies!
- Designed with the goal of improving muscle recovery. Who would think a mattress could enhance your body’s natural healing energy so your muscles heal faster and you have increased energy to help you achieve peak performance. Bear’s Celliant’s® clinically-proven technology creates infrared light to help you rest and recover from athletic activities.
- Go to sleep faster. A study done at the University of California in Irvine found the subjects fell asleep 18.3 minutes faster on the Bear mattress.
- Sleep cool all night long. Bear’s proprietary graphite-gel memory foam provides up to 7x more relief from heat buildup.
- Superior air conductivity is provided with open-cell, high air-flow foam combined with graphite particles.
- Designed to help athletes recover faster, Bear’s pressure relieving features allow you to sleep comfortably so your body can heal.
- Your back will thank you for sleeping on a Bear mattress. Achieve optimal spinal alignment and therapeutic support because the mattress contours to your sleeping position.
- In clinical trials, Celliant® enhanced oxygen levels and helps you recover so you’re ready to be at your best the next day.
- 90 pounds (king mattress weight)
- Heavy sleepers don’t dent the mattress, even after sleeping on it for six months.
FDA approved Celliant® is a patented fiber designed to convert the heat from your body into infrared light and emit it back to your body to heal your muscle and tissues. The core of the fiber has a blend of minerals and proprietary ingredients woven in that makes the fibers responsive to your body. This magical combination won’t wear or wash out so the benefits continue for the life of the mattress.
In clinical studies with young adults, and mature individuals up to retiree age, circulation in the skin was better when they slept on a Bear Mattress. Better oxygen flow nurtures your cells and can make you feel more vitally alive.
Whether you’re a professional athlete or a weekend warrior, if you engage in activities that cause muscle soreness, Bear mattress is a great choice for you.
8.Plushbed Botanical Bliss(Certified organic latex mattress)
The 10” Plushbed Botanical Bliss delivers comfort with the assurance of 100% organic cotton, natural latex, and pure wool.
If you want an organic mattress, Plushbed Botanical Bliss is for you! Their dizzying array of certifications gives you confidence that the mattress meets your high standards of environmental-friendliness and purity.
Key features of this mattress beyond its impressive certifications include:
- The ability to change the firmness level of the mattress to suit your personal preferences simply by unzipping the 100% organic cotton cover and changing the order of the layers.
- For marital bliss, the California King mattress comes with the ability to have different levels of firmness on each side of the mattress encased in a single cover.
- 100% natural latex is resilient and will last a long time but you can extend the life of your Plushbed Botanical Bliss mattress even more by individually flipping the layers inside the organic cotton cover.
- Be assured that your children won’t be exposed to harmful chemicals when they sleep on a 100% organic mattress that is certified by GOLS, OEKO-TEX, GreenGuard Gold, and GOTS.
- The Plushbed Botanical Bliss contains up to ten pounds of New Zealand wool to help regulate body temperature. Wool helps the mattress breathe naturally to allow your body to sleep cool and it helps keep mildew and dust mites out of your mattress.
- The right level of firmness for back, side, stomach, and combination sleepers can be achieved with the same mattress.
- No odor because 100% natural GreenGuard Gold certified latex doesn’t contain any chemicals.
- Great bounce and very resilient.
- 100% pure natural latex mattresses provide end-to-end support which means you’ll feel as secure on the edge of the bed as you do in the middle.
- You can customize the firmness of the layers in addition to changing their order to obtain the exact firmness you prefer.
- Plushbed Botanical Bliss mattresses are manufactured with the environment in mind including a reduced carbon footprint using socially responsible methods from end-to-end.
- Sleeps cool due to the combined effects of the organic cotton cover, wool batting, and a process that infuses air into the latex to provide air flow.
- Handmade in Southern California.
9.Casper Wave(Coziness and spinal alignment)
The Casper Wave was inspired by people who struggle to sleep due to poor spinal alignment, aches and pains, and getting too hot. Don’t confuse the Casper Wave with the original Casper bed.
The higher end Casper Wave pampers side sleepers with the following features:
- The top Comfort Flo Foam layer is designed to feel cozy and provide air flow so you sleep cool throughout the night.
- Casper Wave provides a 100-night sleep trial and free shipping
- 10-year warranty
- In-home set-up is included
- Customers report benefits including cured aches and pains, especially shoulder pain, and cured insomnia
- The cover includes wool to absorb moisture and fight humidity
- Independent random testing by CertiPUR-US® ensures consistent quality in all Casper Wave mattresses
The Casper Wave is designed with different firmness levels for your shoulders, hips, and midsection. The idea is to let your shoulders which are usually wider than the hips sink in more than the midsection and the hips to sink in enough to keep the spine aligned.
10.Tomorrow Hybrid(Best affordable hybrid)
The Tomorrow Hybrid mattress is a combination of steel coil springs topped with three layers of foam to deliver incredible support and comfort.
Your 10” Tomorrow Hybrid mattress comes with the following features:
- The consistent quality and hypoallergenic qualities are verified by independent random testing by CertiPUR-US®
- Memory foam originally developed by NASA to regulate body temperature
- Memory form with gel swirl to contour your body, provide pressure relief, and pull heat away from your body
- Designed to sleep cool
- One reviewer described it as distressingly comfortable because it makes being in bed so inviting
- Some sleepers found that they snored less then with their prior mattress because their chest wasn’t sinking as much as it had in a prior mattress
- Customers are very satisfied with the mattress. Only 1% return the mattress from the 365-night trial
- Customers commenting that they’ve never slept this well and didn’t know you could sleep this good
- Tomorrow Hybrid Sleep mattress comes in Medium Soft with lots of hug and Medium Firm which is more solid but not stiff and still cozy due to top layer softness
- It’s easier to move around on the hybrid mattress
- Hypoallergenic CertiPUR-US® certified foam
- Even though Tomorrow Hybrid mattress is springy, it also has good motion isolation, giving you the best of both worlds if you don’t sleep alone.
- Backed by the Serta name with over 40 sleep scientists working to perfect a restful sleep; they have hundreds of pending patents
- The mattress is dust mite and bedbug resistant because memory foam is too dense. The living conditions aren’t ideal for the little critters.
- If you’re a stomach sleeper, you’ll want the firmer mattress.
There are so many mattresses available online that navigating them can be confusing and frustrating. I know it can be difficult to keep it all straight. When I first began reviewing mattresses it was a lot like meeting a few dozen people all at once and trying to remember their names. That’s why we put the category each mattress won in the index at the top of the article. It will help you find the winner in each category without scrolling through the whole article again. If you want to compare the prices of the winners now that you’ve read about their features, this chart shows the price and the discount (if a discount is available).
We selected our top picks to help you decide which mattress is right for you. The Nectar mattress provides the best value for the money in a memory foam mattress. If you’re looking for a solution to your back pain, Level Sleep is the best option.
Mattress choices are subjective. You deserve a mattress that suits your needs. If you like to sleep cool, there is a mattress that will help you. If you like to sleep warm, there are mattresses that help you stay warm and some of them work with an electric blanket if you want added warmth.
Couples frequently have different preferences about the firmness of their mattress. Mail order mattresses that offer free night trials are a great way to find a mattress that suits both of you. There are a couple of options for marital sleeping harmony. A King mattress can be made with two XL Twin mattresses or, if you want a eco-friendly latex bed, the Plushbed Botanical Bliss allows you to custom order each side with different firmness levels.
Reading thousands of mattress reviews makes one sad fact clear, many people are living in pain unnecessarily because they have the wrong mattress and don’t realize they could live pain free with a mattress that suits them better. Stereotypes about aging convince us that aging hurts. Then we assume our body’s aging is making us stiff and sore in the morning but often, it’s the age of our mattress, not our body, that makes us ache. You owe it to yourself to find a mattress that allows you to sleep well.
You spend about a third of your life in bed and the quality of your sleep affects your health and happiness. If your quality of life is suffering because of poor sleep quality, whether it is being woken up when your partner or a pet moves or not being able to get comfortable, the value of a better night’s sleep is priceless.
With the liberal free return policies offered by our top ten picks, you can find the mattress that is just right for you.
Choose with confidence because all the mattresses in our Top Ten for 2019 have generous sleep trials, free returns, and strong warranties.
Remember to share our review if it helped you. For more information, you can read our individual reviews on each mattress.