First intended to uses for medical therapies, waterbed mattresses are now becoming a popular consuming item. Known for its long life and better sleep solution, they give you a more peaceful sleep. Waterbed mattresses are those mattresses which are filled with water inside a strong foam. They are usually made from PVC (PolyVinyl Chloride) material.
Waterbeds have an extra protection sometimes covering to provide extra comfort and saving you from accidental punctures. There are many different types of waterbeds available in the market each having its comfort level. We have collected five best waterbed mattresses and discussed their features, but before that, buying tips are important.
Table of Contents
|Waterbed name||Depth||Warranty||With conditioner|
|InnoMax Sanctuary free||9’’||20 years||No|
|InnoMax Genesis||9’’||20 years||No|
|Boyd Specialty||9’’||4 years||Yes|
|Boyd lumbar supreme||9’’||5 years||Yes|
|Classic California||9’’||12 years||Yes|
Knowing some buying guidance in advance can help you buy the best product which you had been looking for. Here are some:
- Are waterbeds prone to leakage?
Waterbeds are usually constructed of a vinyl material which is strong enough to remain durable. However, special care needs to be taken as sides, and corners of the waterbed are prone to tearing. Animals should be kept off the waterbeds, and sharp things should be avoided.
- How many types of waterbeds available?
There are two basic types:
- Hardside waterbeds
- Softside waterbeds
This type of waterbed consists of the water containing mattress with the support at the bottom and all four sides. They require a special frame usually of wood to maintain its shape. They are inexpensive.
This one does not need any wooden frame for its adjustment. Zippered inside a fabric casing, it has sturdy sides itself and can stand alone. It can easily fit into your existing bedroom furniture.
- What are the basic things I should check while buying waterbeds?
There are some points like:
If you have decided to buy a waterbed, measure according to your need that will fit into your room. This step is important for wooden frame especially.
The waterbeds are offering different comfort levels. Many people will not adjust in a waterbed due to the floating feeling it gives. So, you should always seek the one which you need.
Waterbed makes a noise like splashing water when they are not properly filled. So, you should always seek an instruction manual or help from an expert of waterbed before filling it with water.
The durability of waterbed depends on a lot of how you handle it. There are lifespans reported from 10 to 25 years. So, you need to take special care if you have bought any waterbed. Try to keep it away from animals, needles, nails or other sharp materials which may damage the vinyl material.
A waterbed is usually more expensive than other common mattresses. However, it may also depend on the brand to brand. Wave fewer waterbeds are a little expensive than others.
Before making your purchase, always look for the warranty. This check is needed in case of any faults that your new waterbeds may have.
- How many motion types are there?
There are three degrees of motion to choose:
- Free flow waterbeds: water flows freely in them, a wooden frame is necessary to keep it in place. It gives you floating feeling.
- Semi-wave fewer waterbeds: floating feeling is reduced by insertion of foam.
- Wave fewer waterbeds: there are no motions and waves. It is made by a combination of foam and fiber.
Top 5 best waterbed mattresses Reviews
InnoMax is a design of high-class quality from a company with 40 years of superior performance in mattresses. This waterbed with many other features offers full wave motion to keep you perfectly aligned while sleeping reducing stress on your body parts. The zero wave elimination system and 20 mil premium vinyl body overcut Low Tension Mattress design. It gives responsive levels of support to your body’s different levels of need giving your body a complementary support and ease at any angle.
With a depth of 9’’, this waterbed is fit for a minimum 9x72x84’’ rigid box or wooden frame. The king size of this mattress can take up to 200 gallons of water for filling. Its double reinforced corners and T-corner seam construction provides the best durability and double strength for a long time. The quality is enhanced by an additional feature of Specific Gravity 1 SG 1 Low Tension Mattress which reduces the disturbance caused by the movement of another sleeper. So, you can sleep peacefully.
The company is providing 20 years warranty. Its good performance is maintained by easy pull cap and seal for providing maximum airtight and watertight security. It also has 8 layer mid-body support system providing perfect contouring comfort and support. With a reasonable price, this waterbed is a must buy for your ultimate comfort.
- It is strong and does not leak for a long time.
- The quality of the mattress is exactly as advertised.
- Loving the waves when you lay on the bed.
- The mattress is quite relaxing.
- It has great quality for the price and fits perfectly in the frame.
- The color is red which is quite dark, and bubbles are not clear.
This waterbed by InnoMax has a wave reduction quality which gives you the best sleeping comfort. As its name indicates, ‘’Genesis 500 Reduced motion’’, it eases motion to facilitate you with the custom hydrodynamic sleep. This feature keeps your body in a perfect alignment from ears to ankles which is recommended by physician and chiropractors. With a depth of 9’’ and full king-sized, it is for full rigid side box frame.
With a gravity neutral fluid suspension feature, this mattress by InnoMax provides mid-body support which gives body comfortable contouring and support. This waterbed works best when full properly but the filling level is close to the top of the protective liner. Also having a quality of 20 mils paralyzed vinyl body sleep surface, it overcuts Low Tension Mattress design. Four-way tethering support system more stabilizes the internal material and components. Its T-corner seam system provides strength to the mattress. This strength is further enhanced by 1’’ double reinforced corners.
This waterbed is available with a 20 years warranty which makes it a good purchase for its price. With motion type of between semi wave and full wave, this waterbed will give you the best comfort during your sleep, and you will wake up fresh.
- This model is comfortable and saves your back.
- It perfectly aligns the body at any angle.
- The quality of the mattress is great.
- It is a wonderful waterbed mattress and wonderfully made.
- This waterbed does not leak and is strong enough to live life.
- Once the water is at a good temperature, you will not want to get out of it.
- It provides perfect support for the movement.
- It is not that waveless as thought to be.
- The seam may get leaked sooner.
The all-new waterbed mattress from Boyd, which is a sleep mattress leader since 1977, has introduced it waterbed mattress with a full kit and a conditioner. This model is an answer to all your sleep-related needs. The mattress incorporates three lumbar fiber layers which give the best support to you.
It is an absolutely a waveless mattress because it contains five layers which are especially intended for reducing waves. For an extra contouring and comfort on the top, it has reduced surface tension providing you with the best comfort and a good sleep. Its 4-point memory stretch tether system keeps the fiber layers from shifting. So, you don’t feel any movement of another sleeper.
Not only has this, but the mattress by Boyd also has four patented Quadra-tech, which adds to its durability and life-span. Meant for your waterbed frame, it has dimensions of 72wx84L. Available in blue, green and purple color, this king-sized mattress also comes with a full kit and a 4oz bottle of premium conditioner. So, you don’t need to purchase these separately. The package by Boyd will be a good choice for your sleep needs.
- The baffles are the lengths and are tethered at the corners. This thing makes it immovable.
- This mattress is almost 100% waveless.
- It is roomy and fits in perfectly.
- This waterbed is a very comfortable waterbed to sleep on.
- It has thick material to hold up for years to come. It is strong enough and good for your pets too.
- A lot of extra material which gets bumpy and makes it uncomfortable sometimes.
- It has no extra hole to release the air out of it.
Another waterbed form Boyd Company is its queen size waterbed mattress with full comforting features. This waterbed is meant to fit in your waterbed frame. Evenly distributing your weight, this waterbed perfectly aligns your body. So, you don’t feel pressure on any part and sleep peacefully.
The quality of this waterbed is enhanced by having long-lasting virgin vinyl with a vacuum molded top for providing extra protection and strength. These features let you make your pets asleep on these waterbeds, unlike many other waterbed mattresses. With its four-layer wave reduction system, it has approximately 99% motion reduced feature. So, you don’t feel any movement of the person sleeping beside you. Its 4-point memory stretch tether system keeps it intact and does not let the fiber layers to move.
This waterbed by Boyd is available with five years full and 12 prorated warranty. Due to its queen size feature, it has a size of about 60×84 which makes it roomy and easily adjustable. It is one of the best waterbeds available in the market. Not only this, but the company is also giving three bottles of conditioner of 4 oz. each with one fill kit for your ease. So, you don’t have to buy these products separately. The sides and seams of the waterbed are intact and strong enough to last a long life.
- It is very comfortable, and you wake up without any back pain.
- The product is very firm and almost waveless. You will not feel any movement.
- It has a very nice setup. Also, it is easy to fill and very firm.
- This waterbed is good for a good price. The material used for its construction is strong.
- Seams are reinforced.
- Top of the mattress is not quilted.
From a company of best sleep products, classic presents its waterbeds of premium line. If you are looking for a full movement mattress, then this is the one for you. It has a feature of the complete movement, and that movement lasts for 15-20 seconds. So, giving you a feeling of floating on the water. Classic California king-sized mattress is a free flow waterbed allowing your muscles to relax completely, reducing pressure on them and evenly distributing your weight.
With 22 mil virgin vinyl having reinforced corners increase its durability and keep it strong for a longer period. With a depth of 9’’, this waterbed is a hard side type, so it fits perfectly in your wooden frame or rigid box sized frame. This waterbed comes with 12 years of warranty. Not only this, but the company is also giving a premium 4oz clear bottle conditioner so you will not need to purchase it separately.
There are absolutely no creases in this waterbed and has perfectly puckered corners. This thing prevents causing holes in it. With a very affordable price, this is a good purchase you can have.
- The fill valve is in the bottom center of the mattress which is easy for you.
- The vinyl used in this waterbed is supple.
- These waterbeds are not heavy and not difficult to smooth out for filling.
- It is thicker than many other mattresses and has a long life-span.
- This waterbed is a strong mattress with a very good value.
- The corner treatment to reinforce the welded seam is a little different than other waterbeds and seems a little weaker than others.
- There is a giant vinyl tag which is fixed around the fill spout and may form a lump.
All in all
Before buying any waterbed, thinking of personal situations and needs are important. Purchasing a waterbed mattress is a good investment taking comfort and its durability into account. It will pay you back.
From the different waterbeds mentioned above, we consider InnoMax Sanctuary free flow waterbed mattress to be the number 1 amongst all. It is because it is quite affordable for the features that it is providing to its customers. Having qualities like mid-body support, vinyl addition, reinforced corners for its strength and a 20-year warranty, it stands at the top of others and is worth buying.