The Layla mattress includes groundbreaking innovations including copper infusion to help you stay cooler and a reversible mattress with different firmness levels on each side. When you sleep better, you perform better all day long.
Official site: https://www.laylasleep.com/
- Layla’s innovations continue to set them apart from the crowd. They aren’t resting on their laurels after being named the “Best Memory Foam Mattress” by Forbes and the “Best Mattress You Can Buy Online” by Good Housekeeping in 2019.
- In addition to combining copper with memory foam to help you sleep cool, they made some exciting updates to the Layla mattress based on customer feedback.
- The utility of two firmness levels in one mattress is increased because the THERMOgel technology is now on both sides of the mattress cover which makes changing the firmness level super easy.
- The plush and firm sides are clearly marked so you can tell which side is up with just a glance.
Who may like Layla mattress
If you want to sleep cool with the benefits of Memory Foam infused with copper, Layla may be a good mattress for you.
- Great flexibility with the ability to choose between plush and firm sides.
- Love a cool night sleep – Layla mattress provides perfect coolness technology, thanks to the copper-infused foam and THERMOgel technology.
- You’ll love a bed that revitalizes your body so you can be your best every day. The therapeutic benefits of copper infusion extend beyond sleeping cool—Layla customers report they also relieve joint and other pain while you sleep.
- The memory foam provides motion isolation, so you sleep soundly and wake up refreshed and ready to embrace your day.
- The third benefit of copper infusion is its antimicrobial properties that help keep your mattress free from infestations.
- Buy with confidence with a 120-night money back sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
- Want risk free choice – Layla provides a lifetime warranty (Another is Nectar mattress). If they are not very confident with their product, how can they do this?
If these features are critical to you, Layla mattress may not be your best choice
- If you prefer a traditional innerspring mattress; Layla is expertly designed with memory foam.
- Prefer push back feelings – Layla provided just the right bounce during our testing, but if you prefer bounce consider the bouncy Nolah or the ultra eco-friendly luxury of Plushbeds, or Leesa if you want to stay with a similar price.
- If Layla is a bit above your budget, consider the available financing.
Layla Mattress Construction
So, what is the Layla mattress made of?
Layla’s plush side has 3” of copper infused Memory Foam and 2” of foam designed to increase air flow before reaching the 4.5” Core Foam. The firm side of the mattress has 1” of copper infused Memory Foam resting on the 4.5” Core Foam.
Three features contribute to Layla’s ability to help you sleep cool. The Copper infusion in the Memory Foam layers helps sweep head away from your body. The Air Flow layer increases circulation to draw heat out of the mattress. Both sides are covered with a THERMOgel cover that adds the finishing touch to the cooling features. Sleeping cool means you sleep more soundly and wake up refreshed and ready to enjoy a great day (or be at your best during a difficult day).
Layla is the first mattress to combine memory foam and copper. Copper provides significant benefits in a mattress including antimicrobial properties that prevent infestations. Copper is an excellent conductor of heat. Layla’s design takes advantage of that property to draw heat away from your body.
There are two basic approaches to good health. One approach attempts to minimize the chance of disease. The other approach attempts to maximize well-being. While they may seem the same at first glance, they are vastly different in practice. The first approach is satisfied when illnesses and diseases don’t develop even when the level of well-being an individual experiences is far below its potential. The second approach naturally minimizes diseases, but the focus is on the ability to make the most of every day by feeling vital and alive—not just free of diseases.
Layla strives to help you achieve the second type of well-being; the type that puts you in control of the ability to enjoy your life and achieve all your goals—even the big ones!
Layla offers two levels of firmness in the same mattress. Dual firmness provides many benefits.
- First, it allows you to try both levels to see which one makes you feel more refreshed and energized during the day without hassling with returning one mattress and trying a different one.
- Secondly, if our firmness needs temporarily change, such as when there is an injury or during pregnancy, the ability to flip the mattress over to adjust the firmness level provides great flexibility.
- This feature also works great on a guest bed because it will accommodate sleepers with different preferences with one mattress.
- If you rent a room out on Airbnb, this would give you 5-star reviews for your thoughtfulness.
Layla’s plush side is a 4 – 5 on a firmness scale that goes from 1 – 10. The firm side rates about a 7 on the same scale.
The flexibility of two firmness levels in one mattress provides a significant advantage for many buyers and you have 120 nights during the sleep trail to decide whether one of them is perfect for you.
Value for money
The Layla mattress is offered at a very attractive price for what you get. In fact, it delivers far more value than other famous competitors. The mattress comes in a relatively small box, it expands quickly and is ready for use almost immediately. The available sizes are:
Layla is able to offer these attractive prices because they eliminate the middleman and ship directly to you.
Layla is a socially conscious company. Layla contributes a portion of every sale to homeless shelters in San Francisco. Every sale provides a safe night in bed to someone in need.
One thing you shouldn’t worry about is sleeping hot with Layla. Its special copper infused foam mattress maintains a cool sleep environment. Copper is an excellent way to conduct heat away from your body.
In addition, the Layla is made with a base layer built to provide air flow that increases breathability across the bed.
The most impressive feature of Layla’s with respect to cooling is the THERMOgel cover. Layla is the only mattress which targets the perspiration issues during sleep, with this type of sophisticated solution. The THERMOgel cover reacts to the body’s sweat and activates a cooling agent which will then reduce the body’s temperature giving you a better and deeper sleep.
Based on consumers’ reviews, Layla seems to be among the coolest Memory Foam mattresses.
Based on our research and testing, you should be able to sleep soundly even when your sleep partner is tossing and turning as long as they stay on their side of the bed. There is almost zero motion transfer on the Layla mattress so you won’t wake up when your sleeping partner moves around or gets in or out of bed. This is an important feature if you sleep with another person or with pets.
Beds with poor motion transfer wake cause you to wake up when your partner moves or when they come to bed after you or get up before you. If you don’t get back to sleep right away, waking up due to motion transfer can significantly reduce the quality of your sleep. When you don’t sleep well, you aren’t your best the next day. A good night’s sleep on a regular basis helps you be at your best—physically and mentally.
Although Layla like many foam mattresses has a slight “new mattress” scent upon unboxing, which usually lasts for the first night, this smell dissipates quickly.
There isn’t any toxic off-gassing. Layla is CertiPUR-US® certified and complies with established standards to ensure the mattress is free of petroleum-based foams.
Layla is manufactured with foams that are consistent with eco-friendly standards and premium CertiPUR-US® certified foams that are regularly and randomly tested to ensure safety and quality. This certification ensures the materials are free of chemicals, gasses, ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) to ensure safe indoor air quality.
Shipping, Warranty, and Return
Layla is delivered to your doorstep free of shipping charges in a box. It is easy to unpack. Take it to the room where you’ll use it before you take it out of the box.
You can even create a platform for your mattress with the cardboard packaging by fitting it together in interlocking squares to create a bed stand that’s sturdy enough to hold up to 1,500 pounds, according to its creators. It’s not complicated and doesn’t require tools. If you’ve purchased an adjustable bed frame or another type of frame, you can recycle the box as a fort your children will love or with your other recyclable materials.
Rest easy knowing you’re protected by quality construction that is backed by a long sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
Layla’s offers free returns during the 120-night sleep trial. This provides more than enough time for you to know you’ll sleep well on the mattress before you make your final decision. The rare mattress that is returned is never re-sold. Layla donates them to charity and refunds your money promptly.
Layla also features a lifetime warranty policy for mattresses purchased for personal use, which demonstrates their confidence in the quality of their product.
If we had to choose, one of the highlights of the Layla mattress would be the copper-infused memory foam. It’s great benefits include improving blood circulation, reducing pain from joint inflammation, and being a good thermal conductor that keeps you cool at night while sleeping on a memory foam mattress. Layla provides the comfort and support you want from your mattress.
The THERMO-gel technology used in the cover of the Layla mattress is another outstanding feature of this mattress. The ability to sleep on memory foam without overheating gives you a fantastic chance to rest well so you can enjoy your day, every day.
Layla’s sleep experts know a good night’s sleep is critical to health throughout your life. Quality sleep helps you optimize your performance at work and in relationships. Poor sleep quality can destroy your life in an instant because it increases the risk of accidents. Layla designs their mattress to ensure that you can sleep well every night.
Layla has been designed using premium quality and healthy sleep in mind. Indeed, it offers plush comfort with its innovative structure and technology. Layla is offered at a very affordable price for the quality and features included in every mattress. It’s definitely worth the price!