The Leesa Mattress is a memory foam mattress which is at the same time affordable, top notch quality foam mattress redesigned with premium materials to offer extreme comfort, support and restful and restorative sleep.
Official site: https://www.leesa.com/products/leesa-mattress
Key characteristics of Leesa
- Slightly firm mattress for all sleeping positions
- Its most unique aspect in terms of construction is the Avena Foam, gathering well above average consumers’ rating experience as far as responsiveness and the support offered
- Leesa sports a versatile, stylish cover that comes in two designs – Classic Leesa and the Airlifting Limited Edition that adds another level of style and design
The Leesa comes with a trendy and stylish cover available in two designs – Classic Leesa and the Airlifting Limited Edition, each adding a level of style and design.
Consisting of polyester-lycra blend fabric, the ‘iconic’ four striped cover is both cool and very soft to touch and is designed with a seamless edge that adds to a great look and feels.
Leesa mattress is ideal if
- You value comfort – Leesa succeeds to provide with substantial comfort and does even better than other mattresses in its category.
- You like the design – Leesa is all about design, which is especially evident on the cover (trademarked, all from one piece of fabric, very soft to the touch)
- You sleep in multiple positions – Leesa has a universal feel which can accommodate any sleeping position, even stomach sleeper.
- You hate sleeping hot – If you fear foam mattresses because they sleep hot, this should not be a concern with Leesa. The Avena foam used on the comfort layer deals with this issue really well.
- You expect great value – Leesa is manufactured in the USA from premium eco-friendly materials and cuts the middleman expense, offering the thus higher quality product at a more reasonable price。
Leesa mattress is not the perfect match if
- You are a spring person – Leesa is perhaps not the best option if you strongly prefer an innerspring mattress, so you should consider what options are available in this category( like Aviya mattress).
- You’re very overweight – Leesa comes in one model so far, so if you’re very overweight, it is rather unlikely that the 10 inches of foam won’t offer you enough support.You can reference Aviya mentioned before or Nectar.
- You like a plush feel –Plush refers to softness, either due to a soft comfort layer or pillow top, while comfort just describes the general feeling of the bed. Leesa is comfortable, but not plush. Give Layla’s soft side a try, it’s our best recommendation for side sleepers.
- You want a “luxury” mattress – These days luxury in a mattress means features like diamond gel and pillow tops to excess. Leesa is a very good product, particularly at the price, but it doesn’t have any of those zinger obtuse luxury features that push up the price on other luxury mattresses. You can check our top choices for luxury mattresses if interested (At least $1,000).
Leesa Mattress Construction
So, what is the Leesa mattress made of?
Leesa features a 10’’ elegant mattress made with premium materials compiling three layers of superior quality foam to offer cooling bounce, core support, and contouring pressure relief:
Top Cover: Featuring a polyester-lycra blend fabric, the ‘iconic’ four striped cover is not only cool and very soft to the touch but also has a seamless edge that adds to its amazing look and feel.
Top Comfort layer: The top layer is made of 2 inches Avena Foam®, the unique aspect of the construction of this mattress. We are talking about a polyurethane foam, which however performs more like latex offering more spring and more coolness. It is also said to be more durable than latex.
Support layer: This layer consists of 2 inches memory foam which intends to offer primary support.
Foundation layer: This layer is 6 inches high-density support foam, providing a supportive foundation for the mattress.
While most memory foam mattresses feature more than one level of firmness and feel, Leesa, on the contrary, offers a single level considered to adhering to medium firmness.
In this sense, Leesa is most appropriate for the average sleeper and is not recommended for someone in need of an overly soft or overly firm mattress.
Its unique structure with the Avena Foam, only used for the Nolah mattress as well, provides with a truly supportive and comforting level, as well as the responsiveness needed for a great sleep experience.
This leading model cradles and contours the body without that “sinking” feeling and delivers balanced support and comfort consistently.
Value for money
The Leesa comes at a rather good average price, although a bit higher than other memory foam mattresses. Overall, it appears to get some great consumer ratings in terms of comfort, construction, and overall satisfaction.
The overall prices in Leesa range depending on size and choice of elegantly designed cover.
- Twin mattress $525
- Twin XL $625
- Full/Double $790
- Queen $890
- King $990
- California King $990
Leesa mattress sleep experience
Leesa does a good job in sleeping less hot than the average memory foam mattresses. However, a few reports highlight that there are several other brands with cooler products, so you might want to consider your options if you tend to sleep hot. Still, we recommend it overall as it performs really well as far as we are concerned.
The Leesa mattress, will not cause you any issues in terms of motion transfer, as it absorbs motion easily with little to no disruption by your partner’s tossing and turning around. Whilst the mattress performs well above average as far as isolation of movement, it is not especially suited for people over 230 pounds.
On the other hand, if you weigh less than 110 pounds, it could be that the mattress feels too firm and lacks conforming ability as it is not possible to exert sufficient pressure on the mattress being so light. Leesa presents with a great rating overall on the motion transfer test.
Coming off the box, Leesa has a distinct “new mattress” smell and some slight off-gassing. However, it typically disappears in a short span of time and it should not be an extreme concern since the Leesa is eco-friendly and Certi-PUR certified as well. The odor is minimal but does seem to exist as well as some off-gassing and could potentially bother you if you are sensitive to smells.
The Leesa is manufactured in the USA with an indicative lifespan that is somewhat better compared to other memory foam mattresses according to research data.
With a 6 inches core support foam layer, Leesa offers an extra sense of strength, durability, and structure, for a restorative sleep.
Based on our research, it scores an 80% owner satisfaction which is fairly equal to that of foam-based mattresses, yet it seems better than that of other mattresses.
The Leesa mattress weights from 45 to 92 pounds, depending upon size, meaning it is 20% lighter than the average memory foam mattress in the market. However, there are no handles and it seems a bit floppy so it could be rather difficult to move and place it exactly where you want.
Leesa is ready to ship within 3-5 business days and it is delivered to your doorstep shipped in a compressed box free of charge via UPS and your built-to-order mattress.
The company stands well behind their product, offering 100-day, 100% money back guarantee. This 100 night, 100% risk-free, no fee, full money back trial provides with the opportunity to return the product within this timeframe, which is plenty to try out and decide if Leesa is the right choice.
All returned mattresses are either recycled or donated to a charitable organization.
Leesa provides a 10-year non-prorated warranty. This warranty appears a bit better than industry standards, with consumers rating the Leesa with an above average rating overall.
The Leesa mattress complies with eco-friendly standards and premium CertiPUR-US® certified memory foams promising superior support, healthier lifestyle and a better environmental impact. This certification ensures the materials are free of chemicals, gasses, ozone depletes, PBDE flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) for indoor air quality.
Other useful resources you may interested:
Leesa is a bed-in-a-box foam mattress which we feel truly sits on top of the choices that provide a truly relaxing sleep. Made with superior materials that offer restoration, pressure relief, and cool sleep, Leesa is a quite affordable option in a highly attractive package. Our data suggest that in order for your Leesa to be most effective, it should be set up on a sturdy base that can provide support for the mattress and its sleepers.